Skip to main content

Wah Wah Wah

I am so exhausted.  I am physically, mentally, spiritually at my end.  I woke up to a sore eye.  Apparently there are lots of nerve things situated around the eye.  Stress sometimes causes things to behave badly.  Great! I love my life.  Its just that there are so many things not running the direction I'd thought they'd run.  And then the heat (we have had really hot weather, that will last until end Feb/March), my sunny-ish disposition is just not so sunny when its too sunny.

Sore eye progressed to rip roaring fight with my beloved husband.  It wasn't a nice fight.  I said some very nasty things and behaved in a most revolting manner. 

I remember a ridiculous thing mean teachers used to say, 'you are working on my last nerve.'  Today I understand it.  My last nerve got worked on.  My babies don't like being hot, so they were not too happy today.  Then my darling Alexander decided he wasn't really going to eat much.  WHAT DO I DO WITH A CHILD WHO CAN'T HAVE DAIRY, WHOSE RIBS SHINE THROUGH HIS SKIN AND WHO IS NOT INTERESTED IN WHAT I GIVE HIM?  I mean come on.  I have found so many awesome recipes and tricks but they tend to be pricey.  BUT I WANT TO GIVE MY CHILD WHAT HE NEEDS.

Then we go down to the beach and Alexander decides he hates the beach.  While he might enjoy throwing sand at his baby sister and the grownups he did not want to be there.  For most people (of the beach going variety) the ocean represents refreshing coolness that washes over the skin; you dive in and come out feeling new.  For Alexander the ocean brings fear.  How did that happen?  Where did we mess things up?  He used to be a little boy who could think of nothing more exciting then to be on the beach playing in the ocean.  Man I am not happy about this!


I know I am moaning, but I am tired.  All I want to do is sit on the couch and watch Criminal Minds or Bones or Numbers or The Mentalist or The Closer or Fringe.  I want to just sit and not have to think about all the things I am not doing right or achieving at this moment.  But, and this is a but, our DVD store has not got any of the new seasons in and if they did, we are out of credits.  I know I am seeing the glass half empty.  I am sorry.  I think what I want people to know about me is that I am real, that I am growing, sometimes slowly, and sometimes I wobble, lie today.  This is a wobble.  And if I take it all back to my lack of consistency, as before mentioned, with my quiet time and Bible reading, I have failed again.  It is no good for me to have the expectation of God do anything if I'm not seeking Him and spending time with Him.   Man, and I'm not a baby Christian.  Even as I started this I thought of Isaiah 40:27-31

'Why would you ever complain, O Jacob,
or, whine, Israel, saying,
"God has lost track of me.
He doesn't care what happens to me"?
Don't you know anything?  Haven't you been listening?
God doesn't come and go.  God lasts.
He's Creator of all you can see or imagine.
He doesn't get tired out, doesn't pause to catch his breath.
And he knows everything, inside and out.
He energizes those who get tired,
gives strength to dropouts.
For even young men tire and drop and out,
young folk in their prime stumble and fall.
But those who wait upon GOD get fresh strength.
They spread their wings and soar like eagles,
They run and don't get tired,
they walk and don't lag behind.'
(The Message)

Not much more I can say.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swollen-eye girl

My husband suggests I change my e-mail to swolleneyegirl@something.somethingelse.  It has something to do with the look of my right eye.  Little children, mine, were playing rough in my bed.  One child, the boy, pushes the other child, the girl, and that child lands on/in my eye.  What happened as a result is a fracture in the bone behind the eye.  Not really a problem, but I blew my nose a bit later.  This pushed air through the fracture in the sinus and it popped my eye out of the socket.   Luckily I was able to put it back.  I have to rest my eye and not blow my nose for 10days.  But God is so faithful, it could have been worse, the eye doctor blessed us with huge discount and another patient offered us a free family photo shoot.



And in other news we will be picking up our visas on the 28th of December!!!!!!!  God is so faithful and we have seen miracle upon miracle happen!  We know He will continue to move all mountains!  Please continue to pray for us!

As sore as my eye is I am f…

Alexander gets lost

Last night we lost Alexander while shopping.  We'd actually gone to look for a blanket for bicycle rides and he was really excited.  We'd also allowed him to walk beside us not attached to us.  Being 2 he abused this privilege and bolted.  I don't know why we took so long to register that we couldn't see him or why nobody paid us any attention when we started screaming his name.  Last night I'm sure I became the crazy gajin (foreigner) ranting.  Imagine the scene: I'm dressed like a ... I don't know-someone who didn't go to fashion school... and my eyes are already red and swollen from crying (another tale for another time.)  Bebe calmly perched on my hip, didn't even peep.  Emiel had the sense to remember that Alexander had wanted to go downstairs and went to look for him.  Alexander had taken himself down the escalators (I hated the stupid moving stairs before now I have even more yucky emotion towards them).  A woman on the basement floor found …

The first week of school

It's late and my thoughts might come out a bit smooshed, but I have to get into the practice of doing this again.

Today was hard.  This week was hard.

I started work after a seriously short holiday, with longing in my heart to stay home with Oliver.  My heart breaks for the mothers who have to work, I know there are those you want to, but there are many more who have to. My heart breaks for myself.  At this stage we have no idea what to do with our precious youngest child.  At 14 months he is getting too big and busy to still come to work with me and we cannot afford to put him into a playschool.  I am very grateful that he is able to be with Emiel. It works, for now, kinda.    

Beatrice started big school this week.  It has been exhausting, even trying to type this is exhausting. She uses so much energy trying to be good, trying to listen, trying to concentrate, trying to sit still that the minute steps out of the school building she lets go.  I am finding it harder to deal with…