Skip to main content

What a day! It has been amazing!

Turn your ear
To Heaven and hear
The noise inside
The sound of angels awe
The sound of angels' songs
And all this for a King
We could join and sing
'All to Christ our King!'

How constant
How divine
This song of ours will rise
Oh, how constant
How divine
This love of ours will rise
Will rise...

CHORUS:
Ohh praise Him!
Ohh praise Him!
He is Holy!
He is Holy!

Turn your gaze
To Heaven and raise
A joyous noise
Oh the sound of salvation come
The sound of rescued ones
And all this for a king
Angels join to sing
'All for Christ our King!'


CHORUS {x2}

Oh la la la la la la..
Oh la la la la la la..
Oh la la la la la... laaa laa laa laaa!

CHORUS

How infinite and sweet
This love so rescuing
Oh how infinitely sweet
This great love that has redeemed
As one, we sing...

OUTRO:
Hallelujah,
Hallelujah
He is Holy,
He is Holy

OUTRO

CHORUS

Oh la la la la la la..
Oh la la la la la la..
Oh la la la la la... laaa laa laa laaa!

OUTRO

CHORUS

Oh la la la la la la..
Oh la la la la la la..
Oh la la la la la... laaa laa laa laaa laa!
(O Praise Him by David Crowder Band)

I think God was getting as tired of my moaning  as I was.  Amazing thing happened today, my husband got a phone call to say that the job he was going to get doesn't look like it'll be happening, or more like we want you we just can't pay you.  Ok, we had kinda figured that much and had already by yesterday evening been dicussing other possibilities.  We've decided to raise support to be able to do the work we do even if the people we know we are called to work with can't pay us.  We are also going to finally start our surf-lifestyle business so that we can move away from the support.  We believe in being tent makers (Acts 20:34).   The craziest most God thing happened today, the guy who was going to have my husband work full time at his school apologised for taking time to get back to him and said he wanted to pay Emiel what would have been a months salary.  The enormity of that is we had been saying to God "You have to come through for us, we just do not have another option, we need to buy nappies (diapers), formula, food, you know the basics.  We also so have bills that need to be paid."   He so came through for us!!!!

I have been thinking about starting another blog.  I have had quite the life and have always felt God wants to use it. It will be aimed at women, young and old.  I really want to see women healed and whole and living out a most beautiful existence.  If you have stories to share of what God has done in your life, please send them through to me. I was given this verse on my wedding day.

Zephaniah 3:17
The LORD your God is with you; his power gives you victory. The LORD will take delight in you, and in his love he will give you new life. He will sing and be joyful over you. (Good News Bible)

The LORD your God wins victory after victory and is always with you. He celebrates and sings because of you, and he will refresh your life with his love. (CEV- can't remember what that stands for)

My darling daughter is lying beside me on a donut (baby thing) on the floor.  Every now and again she rolls over spits out her dummy (pacifier) and moans.  I think she is too hot to sleep, but she needs to so I'll roll her over again plug in the dummy and tell her I love her.

I am not going to do a separate post for this but we are kinda thinking about baby-led.  What this is is baby eating finger foods or helping them self to the same food we are eating.  Please Google it yourself.  I don't find the information very comprehensive, but I like the concept and so does my little Beet.  (I have a nick name for her that my  husband is worried will stay, it's Beetroot. Not that she looks like a beetroot, or that her name sounds like it.  I just like it, so there!) Anyways, wanted to show a pic. 


  
And I learnt the coolest game last night.  Its called Bannagramme.  It's like speed Scrabble!  Who thought you could have so much fun spelling?!!

And we had our first young adults last night.  It was so amazing to be a part of something like that again.  We used to run a home fellowship group with a bunch of awesome people, at our previous church.  we have missed it and the people so much.  

Ok, I am going this post this now.  The little man is literally pulling on my skirt telling me wants to eat.
   



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Longing for Winter

"It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are." — E.E. Cummings  "Unbeing dead isn't being alive." — E.E. Cummings "We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit." — E.E. Cummings   I had not intended to start with anything like the above quotes, but aren't they amazing?  What I had wanted was to find a poem about winter.  In the spider-webbed, cardboard-boxed-up mind of mine I remember something and I decided it was e.e.cummings but even though the internet is oh wow! I can't find it. Or maybe it's the dust.   My husband needs all of the credit for this post.  We discuss our life continuously.  We look at the good and the bad, what we are doing right and what is going horribly wrong.  A

First glimpses of our Japan

 The first pic is of...well...me packing and my little brother watching a movie. This next one is of Alexander snuggled up on the plane.  We flew with Emirates and it was amazing!  The Dubai airport at 1am is, however, overwhelming.                                                                               Our first experience of a Japanese supermarket.                                                                                  Takashi and Tiffany are a couple from the church.  They picked us up from the airport and then took us to the store.  The littlies were not playing along at this point, but who could really blame them?  Our first Starbucks experience (Emiel's first) was in Japan!! And man was it good!!!  Chiaki (I hope that's right) and Jaqueline.  Jaqueline is amazing.  She does a bit of everything at the church and has been so helpful in getting us here.  She is Brazilian believe it or not.   She had to learn Japanese when she ca

Laughter

I laughed today. I laughed more than I have in a long time. It felt so good to laugh, I felt free. I need to make the decision to laugh more. My laughing made me happy, made my husband feel loved, made my children feel secure. Such a simple thing laughter but with such healing power. I wish I had laughed more over the years and worried less about all of the millions things available for me to worry about. My husband challenged me the other day with this: in every situation ask the question how do I glorify God in this? I think my laughing today glorified God. I think it said I can laugh because I know I don't have to worry about what I can't handle and I don't have to worry about what I can. I can laugh because I know my God holds me in the palm of His hand.