Skip to main content

The beginning of our journey, you are all invited

I really feel privelleged to have a blog.  It is this wierd freedom that allows me the time, the space, to speak, to think to dream.  And I feel challenged.  I have read so many blogs of late that really inspire me.  They speak life and quietly, beautifully reflect God the way I want to.  It really saddens me that so many people are pushed away from God because of Christians.  These blogs that speak of a yearning to know God and to live out His purposes on earth, also speak of the reality of what it is to be a child of God.  We struggle and strive, and at times want to throw up our hands.  We do this not because we doubt God, we just do not always remember who we are in God.  I want my blog as an extension of my life to inspire, to encourage.

I have been really challeneged to have my life reflect God.  I desire to be the example of Christ, the representation of Christ, Christ to the world around me.  I want to love and be friendly (this contrary to popular belief is completely unnatural to me).   I have some really beautiful friends, how I am not always sure.  I want to be a better friend to them.  I have also decided to stop worrying about whether people approach me and are friendly, I will approach them.  This came about when I was complaing to my mother that the other mom's at Alexander's school barely include me in their conversations.  My mom reminded me that I am often aloof, and not always welcoming of others into my presence.  So I have decided on being something other than that.  I tried it today and it felt good.  Today I said hello and attempted a conversation or two.       

Emiel and I felt during the course of last year that God wants us to become really good (perfect, at shalom, complete) stewards of what we have in our hands. (If I have mentioned that before I apologise, it is just so heavy on my heart.)  The major areas for us are our finances,
our home,


My desk, which is supposed to be the home of productivity, is cluttered with all I need to do and other junk.
 
This part of our home we've turned into something like a studio apartment so the babies have their own room.  It is supposed to be tidy at all times. We are doing such a good job.


My darling son thought he would be helpful and throw the laundery that needed to be folded on the floor.  I was busy getting ready to go out so I managed to step over it.  In the top of the pic you might notice Alexander walking in mommy's shoes!

our time, our bodies (what we eat, excercise), our relationships with others, our talents.  A big thing that came up recently was that Alexander's eating was getting seriously bad, so I googled for help.  I found some awesome information that basically came down to providing a routine for him and stop stressing. 


This is what the boy needed.

And this, toddler appropriate snack of apples and peanut butter.

Amazingly the boy has turned around.  The steward thing here was relating to our time.  We like to wander, to meander and often to be anywhere but home.  This does not work for a toddler. 

What I am going to be doing from now on is take you on the journey we are embarking on.  Where it goes we don't know, what we do know is that we are hungry for God, desperate for Him and we are determined for our lives, all of our lives to worship Him.

This is us. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Longing for Winter

"It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are." — E.E. Cummings  "Unbeing dead isn't being alive." — E.E. Cummings "We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit." — E.E. Cummings   I had not intended to start with anything like the above quotes, but aren't they amazing?  What I had wanted was to find a poem about winter.  In the spider-webbed, cardboard-boxed-up mind of mine I remember something and I decided it was e.e.cummings but even though the internet is oh wow! I can't find it. Or maybe it's the dust.   My husband needs all of the credit for this post.  We discuss our life continuously.  We look at the good and the bad, what we are doing right and what is going horribly wrong.  A

First glimpses of our Japan

 The first pic is of...well...me packing and my little brother watching a movie. This next one is of Alexander snuggled up on the plane.  We flew with Emirates and it was amazing!  The Dubai airport at 1am is, however, overwhelming.                                                                               Our first experience of a Japanese supermarket.                                                                                  Takashi and Tiffany are a couple from the church.  They picked us up from the airport and then took us to the store.  The littlies were not playing along at this point, but who could really blame them?  Our first Starbucks experience (Emiel's first) was in Japan!! And man was it good!!!  Chiaki (I hope that's right) and Jaqueline.  Jaqueline is amazing.  She does a bit of everything at the church and has been so helpful in getting us here.  She is Brazilian believe it or not.   She had to learn Japanese when she ca

Laughter

I laughed today. I laughed more than I have in a long time. It felt so good to laugh, I felt free. I need to make the decision to laugh more. My laughing made me happy, made my husband feel loved, made my children feel secure. Such a simple thing laughter but with such healing power. I wish I had laughed more over the years and worried less about all of the millions things available for me to worry about. My husband challenged me the other day with this: in every situation ask the question how do I glorify God in this? I think my laughing today glorified God. I think it said I can laugh because I know I don't have to worry about what I can't handle and I don't have to worry about what I can. I can laugh because I know my God holds me in the palm of His hand.