Skip to main content

Falling like rain














On Saturday we walked to Diamond City (its a mall) which is about 40mins walk away. It was raining but we had a goal.  We were off to buy a kitchen... for our children.  For the first time in their lives we can buy them toys. God has turned things upside down for us and we are feeling that refreshing feeling of rain on dry land.  In other ways we're still a bit confused.

The kitchen was an incredible privilege.  We are able to buy our children presents, buy food, eat out, save and pay our bills all in the same month.  I so believe this is a reflection of "and we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose" Romans 8:28. We've allowed and said yes, to God cutting, pruning, chopping, we've fallen at His feet and now He is just loving on us in a most amazing way.

Thank you Lord.

Much love
Philippa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Longing for Winter

"It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are." — E.E. Cummings  "Unbeing dead isn't being alive." — E.E. Cummings "We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit." — E.E. Cummings   I had not intended to start with anything like the above quotes, but aren't they amazing?  What I had wanted was to find a poem about winter.  In the spider-webbed, cardboard-boxed-up mind of mine I remember something and I decided it was e.e.cummings but even though the internet is oh wow! I can't find it. Or maybe it's the dust.   My husband needs all of the credit for this post.  We discuss our life continuously.  We look at the good and the bad, what we are doing right and what is going horribly wrong.  A

Laughter

I laughed today. I laughed more than I have in a long time. It felt so good to laugh, I felt free. I need to make the decision to laugh more. My laughing made me happy, made my husband feel loved, made my children feel secure. Such a simple thing laughter but with such healing power. I wish I had laughed more over the years and worried less about all of the millions things available for me to worry about. My husband challenged me the other day with this: in every situation ask the question how do I glorify God in this? I think my laughing today glorified God. I think it said I can laugh because I know I don't have to worry about what I can't handle and I don't have to worry about what I can. I can laugh because I know my God holds me in the palm of His hand.

My son's first day of school

Yesterday was Alexander the gorgeous' first day of playschool. I had no expectation of him thinking it amazing or even wanting to be there.  My little guy is not that into socializing with other kiddies of his age.  That is the only reason on earth that we would ever consider him starting school before turning 2.   This is what his first day looked like.   School started at 9:00 and ended at 11:00 and for the entire time my beloved child played by himself.   That being said he enjoyed most of the activites offered.  What is glaringly obvious is that my child is so like me.  I am as happy as can be in my world with my husband and my children.   When I go to birthday parties or teas I tend to draw away.  I sit by myself until someone thinks I'm looking lonely and comes to sit and talk to me. I am more than likely too intense, or I take way to long to explain something and the person scuttles off to find lighter conversation. I'm not insecure about it or sore about it.