Skip to main content

Hope and Mercedes Benz's

So my weekend went like this:
My hope is not what it should be, hoplessness is starting to creep in
Emiel leaves for camp
I watch a stupid movie and feel scared
My hope fades just a bit more
I do my very best to keep my little people happy and content while their daddy is away
Alexander is really not happy his daddy is away
My hope continues fading
I have plans to go my parents for Saturday
Phone my dad who says my mom has had another allergic reaction to a medication
I end up trying to clean and leave later then expected
Get a text message from my dad saying I need to get there
He needs to go out and my mom doesn't want to be left alone
Suddenly it dawns on me that this reaction is quite serious
My hope is fading fast
I arrive at my parents' house with the littlies in tow
I rush to my mom who has been trying to sleep
She asks if her eyes are red
Her face is swollen
This is the third reaction
And this time it was to Paracetamol (one of the components in the other meds)
My mom had taken an antihistamine that morning
Which stopped the reaction from being worse
My mom could have died

At this point I am really, really low on hope
Our future is so blah, I mean there is less then nothing in front of us
Then I read a post by a lovely lady called Caroline about hope
I wanted to leave a comment about how hopless I am
But I am going to be having coffee with her sometime soon and I don't want to tarnish myself before we actually get to know each other

Come Sunday
Daddy comes home
Yeah!!
Then we get a phone call from friends who had lent us their car
They phoned to say they were giving us the car!!!!!!!!!!
Oh my goodness!!!!!
Words cannot express just how I was feeling!
God decided to reach out and show me His love just when I really needed it.

"My soul, be silent only to God; for my hope is from Him.
He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my strong tower, I shall not be shaken.
In God is my salvation and my glory; the rock of my strength; my hiding place is in God.
Trust in Him at all times; you people, pour out your heart before Him; God is a hiding-place for us. Selah."
Psalms 62:5-8 

Thank you Lord that your are faithful even when I am a puddle of mud!

Much love Philippa
Pillow fighing with Grandpa to keep his mind off his daddy being away.  Fuzzy phot?!

Bee Bee (Alexander's name for his little sis) with her first graze.  She decided to crawl out the door into the garden, not the best idea when you are only 8months old!


The us's in our Mercedes Benz!!!  Man God is good!


Comments

  1. THAT IS SO EXCITING!!! GO GOD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad God met you and restored your hope in Him! He is indeed so good. And I'm glad we got to have coffee! Maybe next time we should try meeting up somewhere with a big play place for the boys to run around!! Praise God for meeting your need in such a wonderful way!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I really love hearing from you

Popular posts from this blog

Longing for Winter

"It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are." — E.E. Cummings  "Unbeing dead isn't being alive." — E.E. Cummings "We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit." — E.E. Cummings   I had not intended to start with anything like the above quotes, but aren't they amazing?  What I had wanted was to find a poem about winter.  In the spider-webbed, cardboard-boxed-up mind of mine I remember something and I decided it was e.e.cummings but even though the internet is oh wow! I can't find it. Or maybe it's the dust.   My husband needs all of the credit for this post.  We discuss our life continuously.  We look at the good and the bad, what we are doing right and what is going horribly wrong.  A

First glimpses of our Japan

 The first pic is of...well...me packing and my little brother watching a movie. This next one is of Alexander snuggled up on the plane.  We flew with Emirates and it was amazing!  The Dubai airport at 1am is, however, overwhelming.                                                                               Our first experience of a Japanese supermarket.                                                                                  Takashi and Tiffany are a couple from the church.  They picked us up from the airport and then took us to the store.  The littlies were not playing along at this point, but who could really blame them?  Our first Starbucks experience (Emiel's first) was in Japan!! And man was it good!!!  Chiaki (I hope that's right) and Jaqueline.  Jaqueline is amazing.  She does a bit of everything at the church and has been so helpful in getting us here.  She is Brazilian believe it or not.   She had to learn Japanese when she ca

My son's first day of school

Yesterday was Alexander the gorgeous' first day of playschool. I had no expectation of him thinking it amazing or even wanting to be there.  My little guy is not that into socializing with other kiddies of his age.  That is the only reason on earth that we would ever consider him starting school before turning 2.   This is what his first day looked like.   School started at 9:00 and ended at 11:00 and for the entire time my beloved child played by himself.   That being said he enjoyed most of the activites offered.  What is glaringly obvious is that my child is so like me.  I am as happy as can be in my world with my husband and my children.   When I go to birthday parties or teas I tend to draw away.  I sit by myself until someone thinks I'm looking lonely and comes to sit and talk to me. I am more than likely too intense, or I take way to long to explain something and the person scuttles off to find lighter conversation. I'm not insecure about it or sore about it.