Skip to main content

Day 1, 2 and 3

Day 1:  We arrived around 5 to really cold weather.  It was already dark and we were obviously tired.  We were met by a lovely couple who took us via a supermarket to our new.  Just stepping into it told us we are no longer in South Africa.  Jaqueline came up to introduce herself.  It was so nice to meet this amazing woman who has been so good to us in the process of getting here.  I wish I could it was lights out early but the littlies would not sleep.

Day 2:  Jaqueline bravely takes us out to explore and get a survival course of Ikeda.  The poor girl did not know what she let herself into.  The littlies were acting crazy!
We ate breakfast/lunch and a Ramen bar.  Ramen is instant noodles and they're a big deal.  They are not gluten free (to be honest until I've understood the food a bit better we'll put that on hold) but the experience is awesome.  Again the littlies were not on their best behaviour!
We were joined by Chiaki (I hope), Jaqueline's friend and went to Starbucks.
We did some shopping and it felt sooo good to buy what we needed and wanted without feeling sick.  This is a different life for us.  It really feels like God has gifted us with this.
Came home and thought we'd settled by 10 or so.  Beatrice at this point start vomiting.  Yuck!  We got to bed around 2am which was 7 pm back home.

Day 3:  We spent much of the day with the pastor of the church, his family and Jaqueline.  It was sooo special. We ate a soup that is only eaten on New Years day and the best sushi I've ever eaten.  The company was so warm and I felt at home.
After that we took the littlies for a walk to get them tired.  We also needed to get some supplies.  We ate supper at a Japanese family style restaurant.  They offer an array of different food styles at a really good price.  It will probably become a regular.

Sorry for the lamish writing.  I am tired, but I have internet... in my house... and the littlies are asleep.  It is 00:45 here.  I guess I should go to bed.

Much love


Popular posts from this blog

Swollen-eye girl

My husband suggests I change my e-mail to swolleneyegirl@something.somethingelse.  It has something to do with the look of my right eye.  Little children, mine, were playing rough in my bed.  One child, the boy, pushes the other child, the girl, and that child lands on/in my eye.  What happened as a result is a fracture in the bone behind the eye.  Not really a problem, but I blew my nose a bit later.  This pushed air through the fracture in the sinus and it popped my eye out of the socket.   Luckily I was able to put it back.  I have to rest my eye and not blow my nose for 10days.  But God is so faithful, it could have been worse, the eye doctor blessed us with huge discount and another patient offered us a free family photo shoot.

And in other news we will be picking up our visas on the 28th of December!!!!!!!  God is so faithful and we have seen miracle upon miracle happen!  We know He will continue to move all mountains!  Please continue to pray for us!

As sore as my eye is I am f…

Alexander gets lost

Last night we lost Alexander while shopping.  We'd actually gone to look for a blanket for bicycle rides and he was really excited.  We'd also allowed him to walk beside us not attached to us.  Being 2 he abused this privilege and bolted.  I don't know why we took so long to register that we couldn't see him or why nobody paid us any attention when we started screaming his name.  Last night I'm sure I became the crazy gajin (foreigner) ranting.  Imagine the scene: I'm dressed like a ... I don't know-someone who didn't go to fashion school... and my eyes are already red and swollen from crying (another tale for another time.)  Bebe calmly perched on my hip, didn't even peep.  Emiel had the sense to remember that Alexander had wanted to go downstairs and went to look for him.  Alexander had taken himself down the escalators (I hated the stupid moving stairs before now I have even more yucky emotion towards them).  A woman on the basement floor found …

"I am happy Mom"

Today was Alexander's first field trip and well, my first field trip as a teacher.  We went to the Momofoku Ando Instant Ramen Museum- the birthplace of instant noodles.  With 11 little people, Alexander being the most unruly, my nerves were somewhat frayed by the time we got back to school.  Alexander has a way of fraying my nerves at the moment.  He has reached a new level of stubbornness that would frighten most mere mortals, but I am not a mere mortal, I am his mother.  The most amusing or irritating thing he has come up with is "I am happy Mom" when I have to discipline him.  Yes, Alexander, you are happy and I am happy for you, but I am more interested in how happy you will be in your future. I just know as I know that if I am not able to bend his will in the right direction he will grow up to be man that is forceful, hard and demanding.

In other news, my sister's boyfriend is fine.  It turned out to be something minor, but painful.  I really miss home when I t…