Skip to main content

The land of the rising sun and other exciting changes

Hello world... I'm back!!! And I have got news!!!  Firstly I'd love to share with you that we are now a gluten, dairy and sucrose free family!  Woohoo!  In this change Alexander has picked up weight and Emiel and I have lost weight.  Beatrice on the other hand is growing just as she should, beautifully!

In other news...we are in the (very overwhelming) process of moving to Japan for a year!  God has done sooooo much in our hearts and I promise I will write a post just on that.  Two Sundays ago our pastor asked us if we'd be interested in going to Japan to teach and get involved with a church there.  My response was to burst into tears.  We WILL go WHEREVER God calls us!  Obviously we said yes.  This Sunday it was confirmed and thus began a VERY overwhelming week.  There are some MAJOR mountains that need moving before we can board a plane to an adventure we feel so called to.  Please, please pray for us and if you want to support us financially that would be incredible too.

Our needs:
1.  Passports-we need 4 new passports (Emiel and I need to renew, but the process and cost is the same)
2.  A Specific Visa that is hinging on our passports and another document also hinging on our passports
3.  Our airtickets
4.  Money for all the other needs we may incur in the actual process and for entry, etc.
5.  We need new clothes.     
6.  I need new glasses and contact lenses.
7.  We want to be able to make our home for the last two years sparkle a bit.  This could require finance or helpful hands.
8.  We need two strollers, sturdy yet, compact. OR a twin stroller, sturdy yet, compact.
9.  Luggage for all of us.
10.FAVOUR, FAVOUR, FAVOUR!!!!!
This is all kind of URGENT!

We really know that God is so control even though I often have heart palpitations.  Emiel and I were worried about where we were going to live next year, now we have an apartment, we were worried about where Alexander would go to school and he will be going to the MOST amazing school. I just know that if God has done this much He CAN and WILL do the rest.  I would love for you to be involved in the process.

Much love
Philippa      

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Longing for Winter

"It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are." — E.E. Cummings  "Unbeing dead isn't being alive." — E.E. Cummings "We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit." — E.E. Cummings   I had not intended to start with anything like the above quotes, but aren't they amazing?  What I had wanted was to find a poem about winter.  In the spider-webbed, cardboard-boxed-up mind of mine I remember something and I decided it was e.e.cummings but even though the internet is oh wow! I can't find it. Or maybe it's the dust.   My husband needs all of the credit for this post.  We discuss our life continuously.  We look at the good and the bad, what we are doing right and what is going horribly wrong.  A

First glimpses of our Japan

 The first pic is of...well...me packing and my little brother watching a movie. This next one is of Alexander snuggled up on the plane.  We flew with Emirates and it was amazing!  The Dubai airport at 1am is, however, overwhelming.                                                                               Our first experience of a Japanese supermarket.                                                                                  Takashi and Tiffany are a couple from the church.  They picked us up from the airport and then took us to the store.  The littlies were not playing along at this point, but who could really blame them?  Our first Starbucks experience (Emiel's first) was in Japan!! And man was it good!!!  Chiaki (I hope that's right) and Jaqueline.  Jaqueline is amazing.  She does a bit of everything at the church and has been so helpful in getting us here.  She is Brazilian believe it or not.   She had to learn Japanese when she ca

Laughter

I laughed today. I laughed more than I have in a long time. It felt so good to laugh, I felt free. I need to make the decision to laugh more. My laughing made me happy, made my husband feel loved, made my children feel secure. Such a simple thing laughter but with such healing power. I wish I had laughed more over the years and worried less about all of the millions things available for me to worry about. My husband challenged me the other day with this: in every situation ask the question how do I glorify God in this? I think my laughing today glorified God. I think it said I can laugh because I know I don't have to worry about what I can't handle and I don't have to worry about what I can. I can laugh because I know my God holds me in the palm of His hand.