Skip to main content

the going-ons in my head


Why is it so hard to put some words down on this page?
I have so much to say!
A lot of of it is good stuff, some of it is a bit fluffly around the edges.

Ok, here goes:
I think for the first time in my life I know what it means to be working out my salvation (Phil 2:12).
I don't know why it has taken me 24 years (yup, I got saved when I was 4) to get to this space.
I haven't gotten it all figured out like I think I had always done in the past.
I am less intersted in Christian culture.  It doesn't always translate into Jesus culture.
I can't handle the huge debate on end times and methods of baptism and denominations and names for things my brain refuses to memorise.  The truth is that as Christians we are all brothers and sisters, or does your Bible say something different?
And I am a bit of a hypocrite, I would rather love the poor, visibly broken person then the one I see on a regular, church-like basis.  I was really upset with myself when I came to this realisation.
I don't spend enough time in the Word.

Next thought:
We've spent a lot of time discussing the growth of our family.
We are not sure if we are going to have another biological child or if we are to start the ball rolling for adoption.
For both um, means of increasing our brood, we need loads more stability of the financial variety.
And if we were to go on the natural, our situation would be classed as pretty crappy. 
Ok, more like majorly crappy.
 But I am not looking at the natural and I am trusting for the children birthed in my heart.

Ok, what else?
We need a car.
Please pray for us for wisdom and God's favour.  We know that we can't go into debt, but the cold, wet weather (I love!!!) is fast appraching.

And  I am desperate to bake, but I can't find an affordable dairy-free butter alternative.
I love cookies!!!!

Um, what else?  Maybe, I am finished. 
I don't want to be.
But I am gonna say bye.
Thinking about each of you, wondering about you, hoping you are well.
I would really like to meet some of you.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Longing for Winter

"It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are." — E.E. Cummings  "Unbeing dead isn't being alive." — E.E. Cummings "We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit." — E.E. Cummings   I had not intended to start with anything like the above quotes, but aren't they amazing?  What I had wanted was to find a poem about winter.  In the spider-webbed, cardboard-boxed-up mind of mine I remember something and I decided it was e.e.cummings but even though the internet is oh wow! I can't find it. Or maybe it's the dust.   My husband needs all of the credit for this post.  We discuss our life continuously.  We look at the good and the bad, what we are doing right and what is going horribly wrong.  A

First glimpses of our Japan

 The first pic is of...well...me packing and my little brother watching a movie. This next one is of Alexander snuggled up on the plane.  We flew with Emirates and it was amazing!  The Dubai airport at 1am is, however, overwhelming.                                                                               Our first experience of a Japanese supermarket.                                                                                  Takashi and Tiffany are a couple from the church.  They picked us up from the airport and then took us to the store.  The littlies were not playing along at this point, but who could really blame them?  Our first Starbucks experience (Emiel's first) was in Japan!! And man was it good!!!  Chiaki (I hope that's right) and Jaqueline.  Jaqueline is amazing.  She does a bit of everything at the church and has been so helpful in getting us here.  She is Brazilian believe it or not.   She had to learn Japanese when she ca

Laughter

I laughed today. I laughed more than I have in a long time. It felt so good to laugh, I felt free. I need to make the decision to laugh more. My laughing made me happy, made my husband feel loved, made my children feel secure. Such a simple thing laughter but with such healing power. I wish I had laughed more over the years and worried less about all of the millions things available for me to worry about. My husband challenged me the other day with this: in every situation ask the question how do I glorify God in this? I think my laughing today glorified God. I think it said I can laugh because I know I don't have to worry about what I can't handle and I don't have to worry about what I can. I can laugh because I know my God holds me in the palm of His hand.