Skip to main content

Its Christmas time and all I can think about is Japan!

Ooh its Christmas so very soooon  and I can't wait... to go to Japan!!!!!  I love Christmas  normally, normally I have all these ideas in my somewhat jumbled-mama's head (only a mother will know what it means to have a jumbled head) about the kind of Christmas I want for my family.  And most years I don't get it right, and next year I know I will, but this Christmas all I can think about is... Japan.  And Christmas movies!

We watched Polar Express recently, it was a treat for Alexander which went down favorably with me.  And I just loved that the message behind the movie was that the celebration was about the spirit of Christmas not Father Christmas, or the gifts, but friendship and loving one another.  Please don't get me wrong and wonder whether I remember to put Christ in Christmas, I do and I don't.  I so believe we should honor the birth of Christ, but 25 December is a bit off.  But I also believe that it a wonderful time for people to especially honor Christ and show those who don't personally know Him how incredibly loving He is.  The spirit of Christmas is loving people, showing kindness and generosity.  These are all things that those who love God should be doing everyday.  Christmas allows us a more focused time to do that.

As I said all I can think about is Japan and Christmas movies and I will watch as many Christmas movies as I can get Emiel to concede to before Christmas, but when Christmas is over I just know that the excitement will be overflowing.  Japan represents so much to us, it is a gift and at the same time a shove out of the nest.  I haven't mentioned it yet, but our Certificate of Eligibility has been approved!!!!! And a wonderful family God has connected us with paid for us to get a new twin pram!!!!!  Alexander's unabridged birth certificate has also arrived, the day we heard we'd been approved.





Please continue to pray for us.  We still have a few things on our needs list, but God is the mountain mover!!!!

I almost forgot to tell you that my incredible husband surfed for 9hrs this past Friday as a fundraiser.

Much love to you all
Philippa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Longing for Winter

"It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are." — E.E. Cummings  "Unbeing dead isn't being alive." — E.E. Cummings "We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit." — E.E. Cummings   I had not intended to start with anything like the above quotes, but aren't they amazing?  What I had wanted was to find a poem about winter.  In the spider-webbed, cardboard-boxed-up mind of mine I remember something and I decided it was e.e.cummings but even though the internet is oh wow! I can't find it. Or maybe it's the dust.   My husband needs all of the credit for this post.  We discuss our life continuously.  We look at the good and the bad, what we are doing right and what is going horribly wrong.  A

First glimpses of our Japan

 The first pic is of...well...me packing and my little brother watching a movie. This next one is of Alexander snuggled up on the plane.  We flew with Emirates and it was amazing!  The Dubai airport at 1am is, however, overwhelming.                                                                               Our first experience of a Japanese supermarket.                                                                                  Takashi and Tiffany are a couple from the church.  They picked us up from the airport and then took us to the store.  The littlies were not playing along at this point, but who could really blame them?  Our first Starbucks experience (Emiel's first) was in Japan!! And man was it good!!!  Chiaki (I hope that's right) and Jaqueline.  Jaqueline is amazing.  She does a bit of everything at the church and has been so helpful in getting us here.  She is Brazilian believe it or not.   She had to learn Japanese when she ca

Laughter

I laughed today. I laughed more than I have in a long time. It felt so good to laugh, I felt free. I need to make the decision to laugh more. My laughing made me happy, made my husband feel loved, made my children feel secure. Such a simple thing laughter but with such healing power. I wish I had laughed more over the years and worried less about all of the millions things available for me to worry about. My husband challenged me the other day with this: in every situation ask the question how do I glorify God in this? I think my laughing today glorified God. I think it said I can laugh because I know I don't have to worry about what I can't handle and I don't have to worry about what I can. I can laugh because I know my God holds me in the palm of His hand.